Monday, April 8, 2013

Glory.

Psalm 72:19
Blessed be His glorious name forever;
may the whole earth be filled with
His glory!
Amen and Amen!
 
Today, I've been thinking about God's glory. What it looks like; where I see it. I find that the whole earth really is filled with His glory!
 
I see it in the Spring rain filling the sky with grey tempest, pelting our green fields with wet. I see His glory in a smile, warm and genuine. Glory in reconciliation. Glory in pain that opens our hearts for healing. God's glory in the celebration of His Resurrection. I see His glory in the expanse of stars that hang over me at night. I hear Him in the Psalms put to music. I read His glory in the pages of my Bible. I feel it in hug. In an 'I love you' softly spoken before bed. I find His glory in truth. Truthfulness with myself, with others, with God. His Glory in prayer, that time to be quiet and empty before Him so we can be filled. I see His glory in my weakness, my failures. I see His glory in our neediness, our dependence on Him for all things.
 
His glory is ever-present, all around us. We can be instruments of God's glory if we're surrendered to, and filled by, Him. And Him alone.
This is my desire.
 
Psalm 27:4
One thing I have asked of the Lord,
that will I seek after:
that I may dwell in the house of the
Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to inquire in his temple.


6 comments:

  1. Oh Grace, your blog is beautiful and your words so poignant...I will be visiting often! Thank you for this graceful reminder to be filled with Him!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mrs. Case,
      Your comments are such an encouragement to me! Thank you!
      ~Grace

      Delete
  2. Loving and sweet words, my darling daughter! Thank you for this sweet reminder! Love, Daddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dad,
      You are so sweet to always visit my little red blog :)
      love, Bizzzzzzzzzz

      Delete
  3. My favorite post so far! Many things all around us to see Christ in. We always need a bigger, grander view of God. Thanks for the beautiful reminder you gave us!
    That's a Psalm I come back to over and over again--so rich!

    Love,
    Simona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simona,
      Thank you dear for your lovely feedback! I so appreciate the encouragement!
      love, Grace

      Delete