Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Blonde Roast.

The Blonde Roast.
 


Starbuck's new roast. Perhaps you've heard of it? They tell you it's smooth, light, and mellow tasting. Maybe this description peeks your interest, or maybe if you're like me, you feel sceptical.
 
Disclaimer: to all you good people out there who happen to love this blend of coffee beans, I'm happy for you, please forgive me for what I'm about to say.
 
Blonde roast tastes like watered down coffee. Pathetic imitation of what roasted coffee beans should taste like. Is it a good thing that the blonde coffee tastes like it's been run through the carburetor of my car before it filled my cup? Is that supposed to be a benefit?
 
I'm just asking, because I'm confused.
 
Really.
 
Why do they call it a roast? Were the beans really roasted? Really? The coffee tastes like it was brewed while the beans were still bitter and green.
 
How do I know all of this?
Well, blonde roast happens to be the majority of the coffee beans in our house right now. 
 
Yes, it's true.
 
I'm growing desperate for some French roast. Or any other roast actually.
 
Something bold, robust; full.
 
{I have dreams of rich, dark coffee beans...it's getting bad. I know.}
 
Someday soon, I will drink only dark roast coffee once again.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I've never been a crazy-big fan of Starbucks coffee anyway - so I'm not a bit surprised their latest concoction is awful. Still - I feel sorry you have no good coffee in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also... this post makes me thankful that I'm not in the same quandary. ;)

    ReplyDelete