Saturday, February 9, 2013

today.


today.
is one of those days
where the 'to do' lists
loom long.
and the wind blows cold
and hard.
the sky hangs still
and grey.


today.
I chased my golden-colored dog
down the street.
I cleaned.
I folded laundry.
I put on an argyle sweater.
I made mounds of sparkly,
red and pink
valentines.

today.
I want to crawl inside
a book store,
and I may not come out.
I will take french roast coffee with me.
a thick cable-knit sweater.
notebooks.
red pens.
I will find a small little nook
deep inside the bookshelves,
on the top floor
and I will read,
and wonder,
and ask,
and answer,
and watch.


But today.
I still need to make piles of
pastry dough.
cookies with pink
m+m’s in them.
bags of plum tarts
for a party tomorrow.
Spaghetti for dinner.
I still need to add words
to my paper hearts,
and words to white paper
for a blogpost.


the bookstore,
I suppose,
must wait
for another cold,
blustery day…




 

2 comments:

  1. this post so reminds me of you, my dear Gracie! I love you Bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thanks Dad! I love you too!!!
      bizzzzzzzzzzzzz

      Delete